The Henry Box School
Henry Box School, Church Green, Witney OX28 4AX
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for an enthusiastic, innovative technician to join our IT Support team in maintaining and developing the use of IT within the school. Applicants should have knowledge of Windows, MAC OS/X Systems and current software. The successful applicant should have the desire to take on network management tasks.
This is a permanent full time or part time post with the actual working hours to be agreed with the Director of Finance and Academy Services.
The Henry Box School is committed to promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The appointment will be subject to enhanced DBS clearance and other relevant pre-employment checks.
Further details and application forms are available on the The MILL Academy website, www.millacademy.co.uk, or contact Jeanette Ashton (HR Manager) on 01993 848166 Monday – Thursday 8:00am – 5:30pm, term time only ( please note the school will be closed for the half tem holiday 27th May to 5th June 2017) or email firstname.lastname@example.org. The MILL Academy Support Staff Application Form must be completed as we do not accept unaccompanied CVs.
Closing Date: Monday 19th June 2017 at 9.00am
Personal Qualities and Experience
Job title: IT Technician
Responsible to: Network Manager and Senior IT Technician
Location: Primarily based at The Henry Box School but may be required to work at or travel to any of the Mill Academy Schools on an occasional basis
Salary: Grade 6
Working Pattern: Full-time or part-time hours – to be agreed with the Director of Finance and Academy Services based on the needs of the relevant school. Occasional unsocial hours.
Disclosure level: Enhanced
Job Purpose: As a member of the Academy Business Services Team, you will provide a comprehensive IT support service to and be based in one of the Academy schools.
- To maintain school’s computer equipment and school’s ICT network
- To install new and existing software across the network
- To provide technical support for all users, curriculum and administrative
- To resolve identified technical problems
- To promote use of ICT across the curriculum
- To maintain the school’s website
- To provide support for the school’s servers and associated routines, including administering backups
- To manage the Apple Mac facilities
- To provide hardware and software support for IT equipment
- To monitor the efficiency of the school’s networks
- To maintain all peripherals within the school
- To assist in the completion and record maintenance of Portable Appliance Testing (PAT)
- To undertake weekly RCD testing and visual cable inspections
- To carry out preventative maintenance of the school’s data projectors
- To provide ICT support for school presentation evenings
- To install new and existing software on existing PCs
- To perform complete installations on new PCs
- To install, configure and maintain anti-virus software across the network
- To administer e-mail and user groups and accounts within the school
- To configure and maintain all software applications for consistent use
- To provide support to users in the use of the school’s Management Information System
- To provide support and administration of the School’s homework web portal
- To design and upload pages for the website and school intranet
- To remove out of date material from the website and school intranet
- To support staff who wish to contribute material to the website, school intranet
- To provide emergency updates to the school website in the event of school closures
- To support, maintain and repair School IT hardware and systems.
- To use and assist others in the use of information technology systems to carry out duties in the most efficient and effective manner.
- To be responsible for keeping up to date with Academy and Schools policies and procedures.
- To be pro-active in suggesting and be able to implement improvements made in service delivery, systems, processes and / or working methods that enhance service delivery and / or generate savings to the Academy or individual schools.
- To achieve service outcomes and outputs, and personal appraisal targets, as agreed with the Director of Finance and Academy Services.
To undertake training and constructively take part in meetings, supervision, seminars and other events designed to improve communication and assist with the effective development of the post and post holder.
- To be committed to the Academy’s core values and ethos and to demonstrate this commitment in the way duties are carried out.
- Maintain confidentiality and ensure that duties are undertaken with due regard to and compliance with the Data Protection and Equality Act at all times.
- To carry out duties and responsibilities in accordance with the Academy’s Health and Safety Policy and relevant Health and Safety legislation.
- Demonstrate consistently high standards of personal and professional conduct; showing tolerance and respect of the rights of others whether other staff, students or parents, observing proper boundaries and having regard to the safeguarding and wellbeing of students.
- The post holder is responsible for ensuring all child protection policies are adhered to and that any concerns or incidents are raised in accordance with these policies.
- To undertake any other reasonable tasks as are required from time to time at the discretion of Director of Finance and Academy Services or the Chief Executive.
How to Apply
Click on the “apply” button and complete the Application form. Please email completed application form to email@example.com